Monday, June 22, 2009

Keeping Kids First

After reading these teachers' blogs, I would like to incorporate alot of these ideas when i become an educator. We all know that there are certain things that you just cant stray away from, like tests and books. I think one of the "brave" things i would like to incorporate in my classroom setting would be a kid's group teaching session. I think it would be helpful to allow your students to become the teacher for once, not only would the kids enjoy being the teacher, they will learn leadership and social skills that you can not learn from a book or a study guide. One of the things that I would love to recieve when I become an educator is to have my students that I have taught and watched grow up come back and visit their teacher. I know I have done this many times with my old teachers and it always makes their day. Also, last but not least, one thing that will make my school unique, I would like to incorporate critical thinking through physical fitness. Like interactive puzzle games that involve fitness but mostly brain power to complete. I have always found games like that the most fun because the reward for completing them makes you feel like you are on top of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment